What happens during a day with My dog Hikes?
Our hiking program consists of a full day of hiking in the country. Our team is comprised of avid hikers who have been hiking since childhood with our own dogs in Bear Mountain, The Gunks, Wyanokies region, Maine, California and more! We specialize in leash training and socialization, which is incorporated into every hike. Our management team handpicks each dog's pack based on your pup's personality and recall abilities. Your dog will spend his/her days out of the city in the lakes and the backcountry of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania all within 1 hour and 10 minute by our new dog-equipped Toyota 4Runner SUV! The pups come home tired, fulfilled, and well behaved. We photograph every hike!
Our hikes and walks are open to all friendly tri-state dogs. If your dog is new to the group, we will do a meet and greet with you and your dog. We only introduce one new dog at a time to the group.
Meet and Greets are available every Wednesday at 11 AM in New York City.
How My Dog Hikes Works
HERE ARE OUR 7 SIMPLE REQUIREMENTS
- DOG ID TAGS WITH NAME AND NUMBER WORN AT ALL TIMES
- SEAT BELT HARNESS ON AT THE TIME OF PICK-UP
- A CERTIFIED VET MUST CLEAR YOUR DOG'S PHYSICAL CONDITION TO HIKE & SHOW UP-TO-DATE ON ALL RABIES, LEPTOSPIROSIS, & LYME SHOTS. (ALL BOARDERS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE THE KENNEL COUGH VACCINE AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR TO BOARDING)
- EACH DOG MUST BE NEUTERED OR SPAYED UNLESS ON INDIVIDUAL HIKES. SORRY WE'RE PG!
- YOUR DOG MUST ANSWER BY NAME WHEN CALLED UNLESS ON INDIVIDUAL HIKES
- ALL PUPS WEAR A TICK APPLICATION & ARE TICK VACCINATED. (WE CAN ALSO SHARE TIPS UPON MEETING YOU! )
- MY DOG HIKES' PUPS MUST BE FRIENDLY WITH OTHERS. (WE HAVE SEVERAL DIFFERENT GROUPS AND LEVELS.)